Holistic Health and Wellness Comes Naturally
In recent market research, consumers overwhelmingly said yes (83%) to the simple question; Do you believe that some plants contain components beyond carbs, protein, minerals, vitamins, etc. that can improve your health? Several decades of medical research bears this out. There are many “functional” components in plants that can improve your health. Antioxidants and polyphenols are a couple examples.
The NutraISO® process is designed with that goal, to enhance the nutrient profile of the germ and bran layers of rice, making these “functional” components as well as minerals, vitamins, protein, phospholipids, polyphenols, etc. more available, and more effective for your health.
In the NutraISO process, natural enzymes release minerals, vitamins, proteins, carbohydrates, and functional components from larger carbon structures used by the plant, allowing these smaller, simpler nutrients to be more digestible and more easily absorbed in the bloodstream, thereby increasing the nutritional benefits to you.
To meet the end application’s formulation and nutritional requirements, we can customize NutraISO’s nutritional profile – whether for more protein, more fat, or more fiber.
A Typical Nutritional Breakdown of NutraISO
13% 21% 28% 38%
28% fatty acids – highest in polyunsaturated fatty acids (the good fats)
38% carbohydrates – mainly starches
21% dietary fiber
NutraISO provides balanced nutrition that is very high in natural antioxidants. Oxidative stress is implicated in numerous chronic health concerns, from cardiovascular disease to diabetes-related health conditions, including cholesterol, triglyceride, and blood sugar imbalances. NutraISO contains some of the highest concentrations of antioxidants found in foods. It also contains diverse sources of antioxidants. This is very important so that the different antioxidant types can combat multiple areas of oxidative stress in your body.
Antioxidant Capacity of Foods
Source: Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) levels per 100g. From USDA 2010: http://www.orac-info-portal.de/download/ORAC_R2.pdf
NutraISO delivers the highest concentration of key nutrients and functional groups from cereal grains
- Over 70 antioxidants
- 13 phytosterols: plant-derived compounds that are structurally related to cholesterol that helps in reducing blood cholesterol levels.
- 8 tocopherols and tocotrienols: different forms of vitamin E that may be helpful in balancing cholesterol, reducing cancer risk, reducing the effects of aging, and promoting brain health.
- 10 polyphenols (including alpha-lipoic acid): micronutrients in plants that reduce inflammation and may help lower the risk of cancer and coronary heart disease.
- High in many B-vitamins needed for healthy carbohydrate and blood sugar metabolism; some act as antioxidants, others as anti-inflammatories.
- 5 gamma-oryzanols: powerful antioxidants that can help reduce cholesterol and may reduce symptoms of menopause and aging. NutraIso is a unique dietary source of these functional groups.
- 5 carotenoids: a class of phytonutrients found in the cells of plants that lower inflammation, promote vision health, and are associated with lower cancer risk.
- 14 enzymes, amino acids, and minerals
- 7 phospholipids: a class of healthy lipids
- Inositol: lots of research has shown that inositol has blood glucose-lowering effects and increased insulin sensitivity for those with insulin resistance.
- Non-starch polysaccharides: complex carbohydrates that are major components of dietary fiber and help reduce cholesterol, appetite, and stabilize blood sugar.
Learn more about the efficacy of NutraISO at our Resource Library.
NutraISO is formulation-friendly and comes in a water-soluble, powder format. The nutritional profile is tailored to bring nutraceutical value to a range of applications, including:
- Powdered drink mixes
- Nutrition bars
- Nutritional supplements
- Baked goods
- Complementary foods
NutraISO is a light tan powder, with a negligible sweet and nutty flavor profile. A plant-based nutraceutical, NutraISO meets clean-label guidelines.
- Kosher Certified